Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cambodia/Thailand Itinerary

Most people know this by now, but I had been planning on visiting the Philippines for my final big trip. Of course, after the typhoon and a bit of rethinking, I decided to change plans. Instead, I'm going to do one massive trip that spans two countries: Cambodia and Thailand.

My Cambodia trip will stay in the Siem Reap area so I can check out all the famous temples (and Tomb Raider locales). My Thailand trip will mainly be in the Bangkok area, but also on the outskirts in the Kanchanaburi area for some other popular attractions (and another movie tie-in). As all my reservations and bookings are 99% done at this point, I felt like sharing what I have in store come mid-February. (I know it's a ways away, but I've been in planning mode for a while now and just want to get all this down and out there.)

I will leave from Seoul on the morning of Saturday, February 15 and fly to...

CAMBODIA

FEBRUARY 15 (DAY 1)
-Arrive in Siem Reap
-Go to hotel (which I'm withholding the name of for paranoid reasons)
-Visit famous Pub Street and Night Market and go to the Red Piano (where Angelina Jolie frequented during her filming of Tomb Raider)

FEBRUARY 16 (DAY 2)
-Angkor Wat (Sunrise)
-Angkor Thom
-Ta Prohm (the Tomb Raider temple)
-Angkor Wat (since I only went for the sunrise before and it wasn't open proper)

FEBRUARY 17 (DAY 3)
-Floating Village
-Beng Mealea (a day trip out of Siem Reap, but some cool looking temple ruins overtaken by nature)

FEBRUARY 18 (DAY 4)
-Check out of hotel & go to airport/fly to Bangkok
-Go to hotel (name withheld)
-Relax

THAILAND

FEBRUARY 19 (DAY 5)
-Start a tour at 8 AM and visit the following:
--Grand Palace
--Wat Prah Kaew
--Wat Po
--Long tail boat in Chao Phraya & Thonburi Canals
--Wat Arun
--China Town
--Wat Traimit (optional)

FEBRUARY 20 (DAY 6)
*This is my birthday
-Look around Bangkok area, shops, etc.
-Go to Siam Niramit dinner show

FEBRUARY 21 (DAY 7)
-Check out of hotel by 7 AM
-Get picked up by tour for the following in the Kanchanaburi area:
--War Cemetery
--Thailand-Burma Railway Museum
--Boat trip on River Kwai
--Bridge over River Kwai
--Train ride along Death Railway
--Krasae Cave
--Wampoo viaduct
--OPTIONAL: Elephant Riding (I might skip, as I've heard things about how they mistreat the elephants)
--Check into Kanchanaburi hotel (name withheld)

FEBRUARY 22 (DAY 8)
-Tour picks up at 8 AM for the following:
--Erawan National Park
--Erawan Waterfall
--Hell Fire Pass
--Tiger Temple
--Go back to Bangkok that night and go straight to the airport.

FEBRUARY 23 (DAY 9)
-Super late/early flight (like, 2 AM-ish)
-Arrive back in Seoul

**The whole trip--plane tickets, hotels, tours, food, etc.--is costing me roughly $2000. Also, every tour I'm taking is a private one, so just me and the tour guide. No groups. The companies, tours, and hotels are well reviewed and recommended via Trip Advisor.**

No comments:

Post a Comment